Gabe has lately been into "experiments" in which he mixes liquids, soaps, spices, milk, and whatever else is handy and not bolted down in a big bowl. As we speak he is working on a potion including juice, wonder bread, poppy seeds, salt, steak seasoning, cake sprinkles, and dish soap. It actually smells very interesting. I used to let him do it in recycled plastic bottles, but he would want to keep the potions for days up in his room, which would make me nervous. When he does it in a big bowl, I pretend to need the bowl for something, and chuck the brew after a few hours of it floating in my kitchen.I remember "cooking" when I was little. I would mash up bananas in a bowl, then put them in the freezer to bake. Or I would mix raisins, cheerios, and marshmallows (actually I would eat the marshmallows) and put the dish in drawers around the house to bake. I'm sure my mom appreciated finding those little surprises around the house as much I like Gabe's experiments.
Spring has sprung in our front yard. In front of the two-foot drift of snow, our crocuses has peaked out! Yay! I hope they survive the next snow storm!
2 comments:
I wonder about the experiment thing too. Caleb's favorite thing to mess with is food coloring... in everything. I find frozen bowls of water, stuff and food coloring. We have crocus too, yeah, spring.
I think my girls would think they have died and gone to heaven if they could spend a week at your house! I don't think I would let them make a potion! I would tell them to make it with their pretend food!
Thanks for giving me a six word memoir. I counted on three people doing it and you were one of them,and the only one!!! :)
Post a Comment