Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lists and Sucker Recipes

I really like lists. I like writing down things to do so I don't forget to do them. I like checking things off, and feeling a sense of accomplishments. Sometimes, I sneak in one or two things I've already done onto my list, just so I can check them off right away.

A few years ago, I did a time line for my parents ... the list of all lists. I had my siblings help me compile places we have lived, cars we have owned, pets we loved (and just tolerated), visits to the emergency room, missions, births, weddings, graduations, etc. Then I compiled all of those into a year-by-year timeline with cute little graphics. It was an AWESOME list. But a little weird trying to fit a record of so many lifetimes onto a handful of paper. I wanted my mom to have a reference when she organized photos. (Oh yes, this one was in 1973 because we were in the Springville House).

Last night I couldn't sleep. I got on a carousel in my brain, flipping through all the tasks I had to do before Saturday. I got up, made a list with three sub-categories, and wrote down everything. Then I had a bowl of Cookie Dough Ice Cream and fell asleep.

Change of topic: Does anyone out there know someone who makes suckers? I'm looking for sucker recipes. My suckers melt at too low of a temperature (Leo's melted in the hot car today), and sometimes morph at even cool temperature when they are left in the cupboard for a while. I need to fix this before I try and sell them in the sun at the farmer's market. Anyone who comes up with a solution to this will get a LIFE TIME SUPPLY of peppermint three stooges suckers.

3 comments:

Becca said...

i'm a list lover too and that gift for your mom sounds about as awesome as it comes.

i am no candy cook so no help from me on the sucker front but there's got to be an answer out there somewhere.

it was so fun visiting you the other day. daffodil is telling me now she want "to go to lael's".

Anonymous said...

my mom makes suckers every year for xmas, nothing fancy, but they taste good, hers seem to set up great, I can give you her phone number, or ask her for ya -
I was so excited to see a new post!!! as for list, I should do that, I know Malen would be glad if I were a little more organized!

Sunshine Designed said...

So how did the savvy sucker lady fair at the Market?