For those of you who don't know, I wrote a book called Lilly and the Russet Gigantus which is still looking for a publisher worthy of its greatness. My brother-of-many-talents Toby is creating the book in audio form, and it should soon be available on i tunes. (I've heard a chapter, it is really funny, Toby has Mr. Widison's voice down pat). Toby has also created an author's blog to create some buzz (PR word for getting someone to hear it besides me and him). I love having my own PR guy. I wish I would have had him in high school ... I probably would have gone to prom!Anyway, check out my Lilly blog. Toby has also made some very valuable comments about how to improve the book -- most of which involve a bloody word hatchet. I've begun the carnage, and it should result in an evenly lovelier, more engaging read. I really value his input ... and I'd love more feedback, if anyone wants to look at the new version! It actually is a great book, if I do say so myself, and I really do believe it belongs in print.
9 comments:
Prom is over rated! I'm excited to check out your book.
You wrote a book? My gooness you are so talented girl! WTG!
Good for you, your book should be in print, it will be on the best seller list, I checked out your book blog, looks great and I am excited to hear the audio form since I can't read!! Love ya, lets get together!!!
Lael, I loved your book and also think it definitely deserves to be in print! I am excited to check out the website and see the changes you made to it! Also- I can't play soccer in the mornings because I am teaching English to Japanese students at USU Monday thru Thursday! Bummer.
Way to go Lael ! Magic is the understanding of the Unknown and you are well on way way to Success!
Way to go Lael ! Magic is the understanding of the Unknown and you are well on your way to Success! I'm the 'Annonymous' that didn't includude my name.XO Emma
Lael, I too enjoyed your book,it was very imaginative and exciting. I am glad you are moving forward with it. I think it's awesome how you have these amazing talents and goals and you do them. I am reading a book that I wonder if you would like, it is called Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. The first third of the book takes place in Italy.
Lael -
What a great book idea! Where do I get one? And yes, prom is overrated - I just went (as a chaperone, of course), and it was far more interesting as an adult.
Hey Lael, I was wondering if I could get your email address???? Thanks, Maureen :)
Post a Comment