I have always been amazed that The Family Circus is still in print. Really, I've never even chuckled at it. The other day, I accidentally read it (yes, I still read newspaper comics every day), and thought with a shock, "this looks a lot like my blog! AAAAAaaaah!" For those of you who roll their eyes at the "cute" antics of Billy and the crew, I AM SORRY that my blog is reminiscent of Family Circus. Really, they are so much cuter when they are your own kids, and your own stories.This, of course, does not mean this blog will become more pithy. I just wanted to let you know that I am aware of my life imitating a mediocre-eye-rolling-really-not-that-funny sort of art. Oh well.
We are gearing up for the big 40th anniversary/Retirement Bash for the Palmer Parents at Bear Lake. It should be a lot of fun if the weather cooperates! I can't wait!
7 comments:
Lael--You are NOT Family Circus. Family Festival, maybe. But, to be Family Circus, every few weeks you have to include a picture that shows a black, dotted line to follow Billy's/Gabe's crazy adventures. You know the ones? Whenever I see those in the comics, I can't help but to follow the whole, looping, convoluted route. On those days, Family Circus wins.
--Jenn
It is so much better than family circus! We are mom's and this is our life!! We all get a little laugh, and realize OK our kids are normal:) good luck with the weather it is freezing here!! can you believe it is almost June....
I would never have made that comparison--wouldn't even occur to me. When do you go to Bear Lake??
You make me laugh. I love that, it is kind of true for me too...I think every word that isn't said quite right to be funny, but we can all appreciate it more when you actually care about the kids that are being discussed (unlike family circus). ps I put your cute boys on my blog too!
I have tagged you, I am not sure if I like doing this but hey, I want to read what you wrote.
Oh, what a cute family of yours. I, too, read 'The Family Circle'--makes my day !
Bytheway, Darin, my neighbor, is getting married again in October, he tells me. Good for him!
Congrates on your upcoming Palmer 40th anniversary at Bear Lake. --Emma.
Lael- You are too funy!! You have a cute family and hope all is well with you.
Post a Comment