Friday, October 17, 2008

Savvy Cake

A friend, Natalie Moore of Trufella Catering, did a wedding cake with Savvy Suckers for a wedding show. We gave away lots of suckers to lots of brides-to-be, and hopefully I'll get a catering job or two out of it. I loved Natalie's cake, I think she has a lot of talent. I also learned that I need to pay more attention to details ... packaging, display, and labels. So that is what I'm brainstorming now.

I did a very cute little tag that looked like a leaf on individual suckers, but I don't think it was refined enough for a wedding setting. I also discovered how to group suckers in three, in a cellophane bag with a pretty ribbon. It is so cute, and would make a really cute wedding favor. Thanks to those
who have called recently with ideas for packaging and labeling, I love getting them. My sister had a great idea for how to arrange them in vases, using straws on the sticks so they don't tip over.

I had another idea for sucker displays, using some scroll work wood. It is pretty for a birthday party, but still not exceedingly refined. It is tricky finding a stable base that people can easily take suckers out of.

4 comments:

Becca said...

That cake is beautiful! I love the new directions the suckers are taking.

Bryn said...

Looooove the cake. I like the white sucker too...what flavor is that?

Lael said...

Cookie Dough! It was gooo-oood too.

Wendy said...

oh my gosh Lael, those are beautiful!!