Monday, February 4, 2008

Cute Gabe, cute Leo.

Gabe asked me today if our heart had ears. I asked him what he meant. He said that his Sunday school teacher told him that his heart could tell him what to do, and that he should listen to it. "So, can I talk to it too?"

I explained that sometimes when people say heart, they mean feelings. "For instance," I said, "if I say that my heart is broken, I don't mean split in half."

"Mommy, you heart is broken?" asked Leo, "I fix it for you!"

"Oh, thank you Leo," I said, expecting a hug.

"But Mommy, I don't have a hammer!"

We got 10 new inches of snow yesterday, and had a great time building a sledding hill for the boys in the yard. I'm really appreciating the snow boots I got last year for my birthday. They help me avoid one of my BIGGEST dislikes, cold, wet feet. I wear them everywhere, to the store, to the library. Yesterday I wore them to church. The photo is a hat our friend Tom Ashton brought back from his mission in Ukraine. Looks warm, doesn't it? It is made out of rat hair, or something.

I'm looking for a good book to read, any suggestions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your hat.
That was a good answer about fixing your heart, oh, but with a hammer?

You should see my snow pile out in back. Hope it melts pretty soon -- but not too fast!

XO,
Emma

Anonymous said...

That is some big rat! I'm impressed you get outside to make sledding hills. Sounds cold to me!
--Jenn

Anonymous said...

Oh, another comment: an interesting book that came to mind after your last couple posts is about the Donner Party (don't remember the title). Now, they definitely had cold feet.

I don't have a book to recommend that I'm reading now, but I'm going to look for ideas on www.goodreads.com. I guess you can create your own book club groups and stuff. -- jenn

Chesno Slova said...

Come on. It's racoon fur. There's not a rat big enough in the Ukraine for such a hat. New York City has the monopoly on those.