Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Toy Story 3

My niece wrote from her mission in Argentina to ask about Toy Story 3 ... she said she has been seeing toys in store windows from the movie. So I did some detective work (googled it) and the experts (Wikpedia) say Toy Story 3 is slated for release on June 18, 2010. Tom Hanks and Tim Allen have been confirmed to return to the cast. It is supposed to be about Buzz and Woody when they get sent to a day care after Andy goes to college. Verrrrry interesting. Number 2 was so good, we'll see if number 3 is up to par. But it doesn't come out until 2010 ... the toy she saw must have been a fake. Shrek 3, by the way, is dumb. One movie to watch if you haven't yet is Star Dust. It is really cute and funny. Kind of like a fairy tale for grownups.

The winter is finally breaking a bit. The snow has melted off all the streets and today when we drove up to campus to pick Gabe up from preschool, Leo said, "Mommy, the colors are coming back!" The snow was beginning to melt off the grass, and he could see a peek of green underneath. Yay! It has been a long winter indoors, and I can't wait to open all the windows and smell that fresh air and go for walks and sit on grass, and most of all, kick the boys out into the backyard for a few hours.

Gabe hates being outside. How did that happen? Whose genes are those? I have set a rule for him that he has to go outside for 15 minutes every day, now that the weather is nicer. The first time we did this (on Monday), I set the timer, and sent him out. He stood in front of the door and stared at me. I so moved into the computer room. So he stood in front of the computer room window and stared at me. Finally, I told him that every time I saw him not having fun, I would add a minute to the timer. After I upped it a few times, he figured out that I was serious, and went to play in the snow. He started having so much fun, I didn't call him in when the timer rang. About a minute later, he screamed in the front door, "Isn't that enough fun YET?" I guess it was manufactured fun. Better than having him stare at me though the window, I guess.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Lael...I am so very with you on Shrek 3. Somehow we lost our Shrek 1 & 2 movies, and we were stuck watching Shrek 3 for weeks. They are Adeline's favorite movies! Finally, I couldn't take it any longer and I hid the stupid movie and took Shrek 1 from my neighbor! I also saw Star Dust and loved it!

Unknown said...

I had a good chuckle out of Gabe, that is so cute. We are glad it is starting to warm up too!! The neighbors have come out again too.

Anonymous said...

Do you like being 'stared at?' Giggle. Glad Gabe decided to 'play' for a while. So cute, asking if he'd had enough fun and if it were time to come in ! XO Emma

Becca said...

finally watched the nanny mcphee disc you gave us and LOVED IT! i think gabe may grow into outside time--especially when his brothers can be co-opted into adventures.