It has been interesting to see Gabe learning more complex concepts as he gets older. He is asking harder and harder questions ... taxes, for instance, how do you explain taxes to a six-year-old? Or the difference between lying and not being rude? A while ago, Gabe asked me why things next to the car move so much faster than the faraway mountains. I started explaining perspective, and how distance changes perceived movement. It was a complicated idea, and after a moment or two, Gabe zoned out. Leo piped up, "Mom, why do you talk when no one listens to you?"
Good question Leo, good question.
I spent a delightful Saturday with my sisters and Mom in Ogden this weekend. The excuse was to pick up a car, but really I just wanted to get together and chat. It was fun and reminded me how much I love my family.
2 comments:
During Christmas time out of the blue Luke turns to me and says all animated "He went to Jared!" and I laughed so hard he kept repeating the phrase with more enthusiasm, man those advertisers have something right if they can get a three year old to repeat their little jingle. Caleb is real convinced when he watches infomercials and is sure we need the item (and for a limited time only)...great post.
Yep, commercials are really focused
to children, sadly. My, what 'thinkers' you have, and the questions they ask--especially I enjoyed the comment of--'why do you talk so much, Mom, when no one listens! Hee, hee. Life would be boring without our children to keep us on track!
Post a Comment