Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jan 11

Leo came out of his bedroom at 9 p.m. last night (an hour after bedtime).
Me - "What's wrong buddy?"
Leo - "I don't WANT to get married!"
Me - "Why not?"
Leo - "Because I don't want to be a daddy and have a mommy with kids."
Me - "Being a daddy is fun!"
Leo - "But I don't want to grow up to be a grown up!"
Me - "But when you grow up, you get your own car."
Leo - "A real car?"
Me - "Yes."
Leo - "Okay." He goes back to bed.

The Indiana Jones birthday was a smashing success. Eight six-year-olds in one house for an hour and a half. It was crazy, it was loud, it was chaos, and Gabe loved it. My favorite part was singing happy birthday to the Indiana Jones theme song. Gabe's favorite part was unwrapping presents and the treasure hunt. Leo favorite part was playing pin the hat on Indiana.

I also loved the cake ... it was two layer with an action figure Indiana running down a sloped side with a boulder coming after him, and candy snakes below.

Jeff is down with his mom in the hospital today, we have her in our prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gabe!! Sky had a Indina Jones cake too!!
Solee is not getting married either, she gets so mad and say's I am not getting married, EVER!!
I miss you guys, and pray Jeff's mom will be feeling better.