I resolve to record more of my life with my family, and a blog seems the best way to do it. Once a week. I've missed some chances to record things because I couldn't find a way to be pithy, or profound, or philosophical. So excuse the brief format. I'm sure I'll get better.
Some things I want to remember:
-Leo saying to me after the time Ben bit me one of the last times I nursed him, "It's a boobie trap!"
-Gabe and Leo decorating Nannie with ribbons on Christmas Eve at the cabin.
-Taking a Christmas Eve snowmobile ride with Jeff through the post-card mountains of Mt. Pleasant, big snowflakes smacking my face.
-Benji struggling out of my arms to go snuggle with Jeff, such a Daddy's boy.
-Gabe staying up late last night because he is "too excited about my birthday!" His eyes just sparkled. We are planning an Indiana Jones party for Tuesday. Anyone have a snake we can borrow?
-Jeff building a wood fire on a freezing Logan afternoon, and the room warming right up.
Benji is croupy and had a rough night last night, but for the most part we are healthy and happy. I'm looking forward to getting back into a more normal schedule now that the holidays are over. It has been fun, but I need a little more rhythm to my life. Gabe's school starts tomorrow. Leo starts campus pre-school next week.
I heard a great essay on NPR in the "This I Believe" series about being the "designated celebrator." Somebody has to go to the work of planning, providing, organizing. And it can me a pain. But that person (as hard as it is) makes it possible for everyone else to celebrate life. Otherwise it wouldn't happen. I want to let the people I love celebrate, so I can be that person for them.
2 comments:
I think you already are that person that lets everyone else celebrate! Happy New Year! And Happy Birthday to GABE!
Great things to remember!! Happy Birthday GABE!! I was ready for school to start again too, I was in need of a schedule again, who knew?
Post a Comment