This was the week of passing things on. I passed on our Saturn to a new home, and passed my old job to a new torch bearer. All within three hours.
We casually posted an ad on KSL.com for our car during Jeff's lunch hour on Monday. Jeff returns to work. Five minutes later, I get a call from the first interested party. They want to drive up from Price, but can't come until Tuesday.
Then the doorbell rang. It is the new prodigy my ex-boss has finally hired to replace me (I quit around Thanksgiving). There are a lot of really talented people out looking for jobs lately. This very smart individual has a MBA, and is willing to take a part-time job that pays a mediocre wage. I show her the ropes. The second inquiry for the car rings in. They are from Pocatello, and are driving down right now. Back to the job training. I throw complicated information at her for two straight hours, and she eats it up with efficient grace. I kind of wish she wasn't so competent ... just to make my boss miss me more. He won't miss me.
Efficient girl leaves. Third phone call on the car. I answered questions while desperately looking for the title in case the Pocatello people actually want to buy. I don't know how to sell a car. I call my husband's cell phone three times. Not answering. I find the car title, call my Dad to find out how to sell a car. Not there. Doorbell rings. It is my neighbor. She gives me some pointers on how to sell a car. I clean out the cheerios and child safety seats. The Pocatello people come, test drive, want to buy it. Write a check, off they go.
I call back callers number one and three to tell them not to come. Three says, "Unless they paid in cash, it isn't really a done deal." I tell him sorry, he can't come.
Maybe we underpriced the car?
2 comments:
Hey!! Sell my car for me!
You must have priced it too low, but good for you.
I especially like your style of writing in this entry. Put me right in the middle of all the car-buying, job-trading action!
--Jenn
Post a Comment