Wednesday, February 25, 2009

We have a dilemma at our house that involves pink Ikea tableware. Nobody wants them. I'd pull a pile of dishes from the cupboard, and a big fight would follow about which unfortunate sap would get stuck with the pretty-pretty-princess dishes (that is the worst insult possible in our house). Finally, I convinced the boys that the pink dish is a wish dish. If you get a pink dish, you get to make whatever wish you want. So now everybody wants them.

Yesterday, Leo got a pink fork. "Star light star bright I wish I make a wish today," he said. He thought for a moment. "I wish Lael was my mommy."

"I already am your mommy!"

"My wish came true!" he exclaimed with relief.

It makes me feel good that I am my three-year-old's wish. Or maybe he is shooting too low.

We all have colds, but they aren't the knock-you out kind. They are the sniffle all day, and feel congested at night kind. I'm looking forward to spring, and airing out the stuffy-germy air in our house. I'm going to open all the windows and doors, wash all the sheets, and Lysol everything that doesn't run.

3 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

I love that wish! It made me smile. I was going to give you the option of dropping off your pink dishes at our house, glad you solved the problem. I attacked the house with Lysol today as well. Yesterday I tried fresh air, it was delightful and comes highly recommended!

Becca said...

I love Leo's wish too.

I think about spring cleaning but I rarely do it. Maybe your lysol crusade will inspire me....

Bryn said...

Send the pink down here...eli can't get enough of it!! Pink, red, fuschia...any hue.