Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bricks

I changed the name of this blog. When I was at Ricks, starting a degree in journalism, one of my professors had us read an article about writing ... I don't remember the details. The gist was that if you can't think of a topic to write on, you are thinking too broadly. Don't write about the world, narrow it down to your city, to one street, or one building in your city. Or one brick in the building on the street in your city. Then you can write forever.

So now, whenever I can't think about what to write, I think about bricks.

2 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

I will forever be reminded of bricks too. That is a great story with great advice! Are you sure you could write forever?

CB said...

I agree - I love to write even if I am not the greatest at it. I write about life, little things, family, and what is going on however silly it may be.
I like the bricks concept.

I have looked through your blog a bit and I love it.

Cherie (New here :)