Saturday, November 17, 2007

Around the block

Today I went jogging. I jogged two blocks. I actually did twice my goal, which was around the block. I am AWESOME! Gabe rode along with me on his bike. He is a pretty good pace man.

Jeff and I went on a date yesterday. We've had a drought of good babysitters, then recently we remembered Angela, who moved out of our neighborhood two years ago and is of babysitting age. She is so good and responsible, and the boys like her. I think we'll be using her a lot.

Jeff and I went to Village Inn and then to see Harry Potter at the cheap theater. The food was predictably mediocre, but we were greatly entertained when the waitress dropped a bowl of ranch dressing and the young man at the table next to us was drenched in the stuff. Also entertaining was the conversation of the people behind us who couldn't decide whether the Swiss Miss was Swedish.

We brought Benji with us, and he was quiet (enough) through the movie. I really enjoyed the fifth Harry Potter movie. I thought the book was too long and Harry was a bit of a whiner in it. the movie did a good job of focusing on the good things about the book and leaving out the dull. And that duel between Dumbledore and Voldemort at the end! Cool!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

JOGGED?! Now that's impressive seeing as how you just gave birth weeks ago! It took me two months just to feel "human" again after my first baby. I suppose we get back to life all the faster with two and three, eh?

Becca said...

i am duly impressed and i love that you are always such a good advocate for yourself and your accomplishments!