I took the boys down to Ogden for the annual Gilbert Christmas Candy Making Day. We went to Grandma's house in the morning, and with Aunt Leisa in the lead, we made Chocolate Turtles, Peanut Butter Cups, Caramels, and Peanut Clusters. For my contribution I made about four dozen suckers (hand made, hand sculpted) and in my hurry to get to Grandma's house on time, I left them at home, darn it. It was a very chocolaty morning. Gabe was very helpful. He stirred and rolled and tasted wherever we needed him. Leo helped by taking a long nap.
In the afternoon we went to the Tree House Children's Museum. It is a fun place to visit any time, but that day they had a "Getting to Know Japan through Pop Art" Exhibit where we made our own Anime cartoon and looked at Sushi displays. The boys also made their own "Santa Lucia" crowns in the Art Garden (the kind with candles sticking out the top). Gabe got some good scissor practice and Leo LOVED the glue stick. His crown was very glued. They wore those cute crowns for three days straight, and I never got a photo of it ... they got left at a friend's house this morning.
After the museum we had dinner, cleaned up two dirty diapers, and headed home. We had such a great day, I was really surprised when Gabe started hollering in the car. We were heading into the canyon and there wasn't a good place to stop, so I just kept going. Halfway home I realized he had an ear ache and the altitude was hurting him. I brought him to the doctor yesterday and he is feeling much better.
It was a fun day and we are grateful to Grandma for inviting us down and for holding Benji for the duration.
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun day, Lael!
Post a Comment