Gabe asked if I feel lonely since I am one girl and there are five boys in our house (he was counting the dog, Cooper). Sometimes I do feel lonely. I'll always have to keep my tears in check (they freak my boys out). I wish I could have a good cathartic cry sometimes without comforting everyone around me too. I won't get to pass on my experience of growing up female except when I'm explaining to a flummoxed son why girls act the way they do. And most of all, I will always have to pass by those cute pink clothes in the children's section at the clothing store. My boys prefer fatigue jammies and grocery bags.
I know there are plenty of ups to having only boys (boy toys are more fun, no high-pitched screaming)... but this is a woe-is-me session, and I won't pollute it with optimism.
3 comments:
Woe-is-me sessions are healthy. Though, I am an expert to inform you of the woe which is all girl families. With five girls in our house, there were daily fights over who borrowed whose shirt without asking and all-out hair-pulling fights. Growing up, it always seemed strange to me that some families had boys AND girls. My sisters stayed focused--one has three boys, the other has two girls. I'm the only in the family to have both. Now, that's scary terrain.
here is one that may not leave you envious...my two year old daughter in the middle of a high pitched whining fit refuses the banana that's already been peeled for her screaming, "NOOOOO, I want a PINK banana!"
oh the drama. maybe it's just being two
My friend Angie just told me about about a book called "Why Gender is important...by a Dr. Sax. Supposed to be good and explain alot about differences..I'm anxious to pick it up at the library.
Post a Comment